REC Power Development and Consultancy Limited (RECPDCL) (formerly REC Power Distribution Company Limited) an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 14001:2015 certified company, a wholly owned subsidiary of REC Ltd, was incorporated on 12th July, 2007. It received certificate of commencement of business on 31st July, 2007. The company focus is on facilitating the power utilities in the areas of their operation specifically related to the Power Distribution sector, by providing expertise to capitalize on the emerging needs and demands of Power Sector.
RECPDCL is rendering expert and value added consultancy services to power utilities across the country i.e., in 41 Power Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) and 4 Co-operative societies in 27 States across India with a project cost more than ₹ 85,000 Crore.
Mission & Vision
- To facilitate availability of electricity for accelerated growth and for enrichment of quality of life of rural and semi-urban population.
- To act as a competitive, client-friendly, development-oriented organization and promoting projects covering power generation, power conservation, power transmission and power distribution network in the country.
- To facilitate smooth and rapid development of transmission and distribution capacity in the country and for accelerated growth of power sector & enrichment of quality of life of all segments of population.
- To act as a competitive, client-friendly and development-oriented organization for promoting projects covering power generation, power conservation, power transmission and power distribution network in the country.
- To Promote, develop, construct, own, operate, distribute and maintain 66 KV and below voltage class electrification/distribution electric supply lines/Distribution System.
- To Promote, Develop, Construct, Own and Manage Decentralized Distributed Generation (DDG) and Associated Distribution System.
- Consultancy/Execution of works in the above areas for other agencies/government bodies in India and abroad.
- To plan, promote, develop, design, engineer, construct, operate and maintain "electricity system" as defined under Section 2(25) of the Electricity Act, 2003.
- To promote organize or carry on the business of consultancy services and/or project implementation in any field of activity relating to generation & transmission, distribution of electricity or other related activities thereto in India and abroad.
- Procurement of transmission services, including all activities relating to survey, / detailed project report formulation, arranging finance, project management, obtaining right of way, necessary clearances, site identification, land compensation, design, engineering, equipment, material, construction, erection, testing and commissioning.
- To undertake transmission activities, to apply for requisite licences and to do all things incidental to such activities which is, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, necessary for fulfillment of the objects of the Company.
- To promote and undertake the formation of project specific company/ies, or the formation of any institution, subsidiary company or companies for the purpose of carrying out the aforesaid activities and for the furtherance of transmission services.
- To enter into Joint Ventures or merge any Company or any of the, companies/subsidiaries formed by the Company in pursuance of its objects as aforesaid.
Key ActivitiesRECPDCL is providing Consultancy and Fee based services to the Power Utilities in the areas of rural & urban electrification under the following heads:
- AT & C Loss reduction.
- Smart Grid Projects implementation covering Smart Metering & SCADA.
- Real Time Data Acquisition System (RT-DAS) for feeders.
- Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charging
- GIS Implementation
- IT implementation under IPDS including setting up of Data Centre, Customer Care Centre, etc.
- Solar PV Plants
- DPR preparation & Project Management Consultancy for Power Distribution projects
- Power Distribution Strengthening works
- Energy Efficiency projects and Quality & Quantitative Surveillance/ Inspections of the works executed.
Amalgamation of REC Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL) with REC Power Development and Consultancy Limited (formerly REC Power Distribution Company Limited)
Ministry of Power vide its letters dated November 11, 2019 & December 8, 2020 accorded approval for amalgamation of REC Transmission Projects Company Limited with REC Power Development and Consultancy Limited (formerly REC Power Distribution Company Limited). After fulfillment of statutory compliances as required in this regard, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) vide Order dated February 5, 2021 has approved the amalgamation of RECTPCL (Transferor Company) with RECPDCL (Transferee Company) with appointed date as April 1, 2020. Further, a certified copy of this order has been filed by Transferor and Transferee Company with Registrar of Companies, NCT of Delhi on February 6, 2021. Accordingly, the transferor company has been dissolved and the Scheme of Amalgamation has become effective from February 6, 2021.