REC Power Distribution Company Limited (RECPDCL) an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007 Certified Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of REC Ltd, A 'Navratna' CPSE under Ministry of Power was incorporated on 12th July, 2007. It received certificate of commencement of business on 31st July, 2007. The company focus is on facilitating the power utilities in the areas of their operation specifically related to the Power Distribution sector, by providing expertise to capitalize on the emerging needs and demands of Power Sector.
Vision & Mission:
- To facilitate availability of electricity for accelerated growth and for enrichment of quality of life of rural and semi-urban population.
- To act as a competitive, client-friendly,development-oriented organization and promoting projects covering power generation, power conservation, power transmission and power distribution network in the country.
- To Promote, develop, construct, own, operate, distribute and maintain 66 KV and below voltage class electrification/distribution electric supply lines/Distribution System.
- To Promote, Develop, Construct, Own and Manage Decentralized Distributed Generation (DDG) and Associated Distribution System.
- Consultancy/Execution of works in the above areas for other agencies/government bodies in India and abroad.
- To enter into joint venture partnership in distribution/Decentralised Distributed Generation (DDG) sector or merge any company or any of the companies/subsidiaries formed by the company in pursuance of its objects as aforesaid.