REC PDCL is in the process of joining the main league and is becoming a major force in bringing about a transparent power distribution system for rural India .Over the years, RECPDCL has been regarded as a distinguished service provider in the power distribution sector. In its first financial year, the company managed to earn laurels for its parent company i.e. REC Ltd. and earned the reputation as a promising unit in the power distribution sector:
- Trust & Confidence level of Discoms.
- Growth & Presence all over India in short span.
For sustainable growth, company has taken up following initiatives:-
- Quality Execution Of Work- For quality execution of work in a time bound manner, the company has decided outsourcing of field/data collection work to some reputed agencies and to concentrate on analytical reporting to the client. Empanelment of agencies as associates for third party inspection work of distribution network (RGGVY/FRP) was completed for speedy execution of works. Further empanelment is planned for other works like energy audit, Detailed project report (DPR) preparation, Distribution Franchise, Decentralized distribution centre(DDG), Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Distribution automation etc.
- MOU with client- To tap bulk orders from clients, efforts are being made to enter into Memorandum of Understanding with Discoms for awarding all their works of technical expertise to the company. In line with this, an MOU has been signed with Uttar Haryana Power Distribution Company. Other distribution companies are also in discussion for such understandings.
- Diversification of business line- The Company has signed an MOU with New Delhi Power Ltd. (NDPL) for undertaking distribution of electricity in the License area. The work on Automated Meter Reading (AMR) & billing automation has already been started in PVVNL under the MOU. The Company has also entered into an MOU with M/S HCL Infosystems Ltd, Noida, UP and M/S Tata Consultancy Services Limited, New Delhi for taking up projects jointly in ‘IT in Power Sector’ and Restructured Accelerated Power Development & Reform Programme, Part-A.
Set up its own Quality Bench Mark
The Company has always given top priority for giving quality products to the client. There are multiple levels of checks for quality maintenance. The company has been furnishing quality third party inspection reports to the clients, on the basis of which repeat orders have been given by clients like Ajmer Discom, Jodhpur Discom, MSEDCL, West Bengal State Electricity Board and Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitaran Nigam Limited.
Achievements & Recognition
- Could develop intrinsic and expressed feeling of satisfaction in the minds of our clients by ensuring best quality of work executed by us which is demonstrated in the form of repeat of orders of similar and new assignments.
- The Company’s net worth as on 31.03.2012 has reached to Rs. 16.12 crore.
- The company has not only been earning profits since inception but has also been paying 100% dividend to its holding company - REC Ltd.
- Have set up its own bench mark of third party inspection of works executed under RGGVY Projects.