REC Power Distribution Company Limited (RECPDCL) an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified company, a wholly owned subsidiary of REC Ltd, was incorporated on 12th July, 2007. It received certificate of commencement of business on 31st July, 2007. The company focus is on facilitating the power utilities in the areas of their operation specifically related to the Power Distribution sector, by providing expertise to capitalize on the emerging needs and demands of Power Sector.
RECPDCL is rendering expert and value added consultancy services to power utilities across the country i.e., in 41 Power Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) and 4 Co-operative societies in 27 States across India with a project cost more than ₹ 85,000 Crore.
Vision & Mission:
- To facilitate availability of electricity for accelerated growth and for enrichment of quality of life of rural and semi-urban population.
- To act as a competitive, client-friendly,development-oriented organization and promoting projects covering power generation, power conservation, power transmission and power distribution network in the country.
- To Promote, develop, construct, own, operate, distribute and maintain 66 KV and below voltage class electrification/distribution electric supply lines/Distribution System. To Promote, Develop, Construct, Own and Manage Decentralized Distributed Generation (DDG) and Associated Distribution System.
- Consultancy/Execution of works in the above areas for other agencies/government bodies in India and abroad.
- To enter into joint venture partnership in distribution/Decentralised Distributed Generation (DDG) sector or merge any company or any of the companies/subsidiaries formed by the company in pursuance of its objects as aforesaid.
Key Activities:RECPDCL is providing Consultancy and Fee based services to the Power Utilities in the areas of rural & urban electrification under the following heads:
- AT & C Loss reduction.
- Smart Grid Projects implementation covering Smart Metering & SCADA.
- Real Time Data Acquisition System (RT-DAS) for feeders.
- Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charging
- GIS Implementation
- IT implementation under IPDS including setting up of Data Centre, Customer Care Centre, etc.
- Solar PV Plants
- DPR preparation & Project Management Consultancy for Power Distribution projects
- Power Distribution Strengthening works
- Energy Efficiency projects and Quality & Quantitative Surveillance/ Inspections of the works executed.